Garden rooms Surrey – developing beautiful living spaces
Beautiful Surrey is the most wooded county in England and much of it is in the Metropolitan Green Belt. It also contains many notable areas of outstanding natural beauty. As well as boasting the breathtaking Kew Palace and Gardens, Surrey is also featured in Jane Austen’s novel Emma, and in J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series as the area where Harry’s pernicious relatives the Dursley’s live.
Until the late 18th century Surrey, apart from its north-eastern corner, was sparsely populated and somewhat rustic, despite its proximity to London. Communications began to improve, and the influence of London to increase. Transformation continued with the arrival of the railways, beginning in the late 1830s. The availability of rapid transportation enabled prosperous London workers to travel daily to homes across Surrey. This phenomenon of commuting brought explosive growth to Surrey’s population and the area is one of the richest parts of the UK. It also tied its economy and society inextricably to London. This is relevant to everybody at Swift because we welcome new solutions for increasing space.
Garden rooms Surrey and beyond!
Surrey is Britain’s most densely populated county, excluding Greater London. Today’s housing market makes it so much less practical and more challenging to move house. In addition, the great advances in digital technology, along with the speed and tailor-made approach that Swift provides, makes for a practical, fast and simple solution to make working from home a fantastic alternative.
One recent example of a successful installation is a river-side studio that we created in Hampton Court. In this case –planning permission was obtained for our client and the building constructed to fit into a landscaped section of garden down by the Thames mooring.
The garden room is designed with an unusual combination of bi-folds and huge sliding doors that work perfectly to maximise the impact of the view over the river and the boats. This is now a perfect place for our client to enjoy working creatively and effectively, entertaining friends and family, or simply an inviting place to sit and enjoy the view.
Swift are a dedicated team of enthusiastic, solution-focused men and women who enjoy their work and are perfectly suited to solving the problems that a busy conurbation can create for our clients living and working space. Detached garden rooms, attached extensions, school rooms, nursery schools … all in a day’s enjoyable work for the Swift Team!
What kind of people approach us to provide a solution for more space?
People who are just like you. People who are looking for:
- Space to relax, maybe listen to your music, watch your cinema system or read your book
- An art studio, perhaps a place to enjoy your hobby
- A home office or treatment room in which to work or carry out their business
- More space for children and teenagers, somewhere safe and independent
- Extra sleeping accommodation for a dependent relative
What are the key qualities that they are looking for?
- A quality building system that is robust, permanent and looks fantastic
- A speedy and dependable build process with reasonable lead times and efficient installation times
- A design service that focuses on what you desire from your building
- A company that is reliable and trustworthy, as well as solution focussed and friendly
- A building that will be a true asset to your life and a great investment for the future
Wherever you live in the UK (and beyond!) you will be reassured by the service and skill that Swift offer.