A sound studio is a large step above a music room where sound insulation is enhanced. This is a dedicated and specialist area where the control of sound becomes a scientific and logical process, involving extreme measures to isolate the sound waves and either contain them, or prevent them coming into the room.
What makes a sound studio room work?
We have experience of designing and creating the most demanding of music recording studios. We understand that this is an extremely specialised field that can demand very extensive (and sometimes expensive) processes and materials to achieve the highest levels of performance stipulated by professional standard artists.
Our first role is therefore (as in all of our projects) is to listen to your requirements and expectations.
Here are some typical uses of our sound studios:
- Professional musicians looking for a home based recording studio
- Sound engineers seeking a venue to carry out recording and mixing processes
- A dedicated room for mixing and producing digital music
- A full-blown rehearsal suite for a band, including bass and drums
Our standard garden rooms have exceptional sound insulation qualities due to their construction materials and almost air-tight standards. Therefore to create a room that is used for general family use, including musical practice and fun, may require little, if any additional attention. Thick, multi-layer SIP panel walls, roof and floor, and high quality double glazed units all do a great job of keeping the sound in, or out.
The next level is to add simple features that enhance the sound insulation levels.
Special plasterboard, additional high-density insulation materials and additional weight of glazing improves the sound insulation to deal with more demanding situations.
How far do you want to take it?
If required we can involve a specialist acoustic consultant who prepares a detailed and technical evaluation of every single element of the build structure to deal with the most demanding of professionals.
We have built a professional sound studio with separate live room and production room, that can have a rock band playing inside and you can’t hear a thing outside in their suburban garden. Until you experience this level of performance it’s hard to imagine just how impressive this is. This build was highly technical and demanded that we employ drastic and challenging processes to reach the required standards.
Unless your construction team have this experience it is unlikely that they have the expertise to deal with the essential details.
Sound studio details to consider:
- Twin skin walls and roof with almost total isolation between leaves
- Massive weight of materials (walls, roof, boarding) to achieve require performance
- Inner acoustic lining providing multi layer sound absorption and minimal reverberation
- Isolated routing of cables and air ducts
- Multi layer, 16.8mm laminated acoustic glazing with absorption panels
- Isolation of all fixings with acoustic neoprene foam
- Sealing of all joints (staggered too) with acoustic sealants
- Double skin, steel plate acoustic doors and rising seal system
- Full patch cabling system
As you may imagine, this kind of attention to detail does demand considerable investment. However, if music is your life and you want the best, then we can deliver it.
Are you ready to ask us your questions? We would love to hear from you at Swift. Please click here for our contact details.